Complaints Handling Policy
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Consumer Ombudsman .
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Operations Director Jane Henderson, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Jane Henderson will then invite you to discuss (by phone call or meeting) and hopefully resolve your complaint. S/he will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Jane Henderson will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Jane Henderson will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for someone unconnected with the matter at the firm to review her decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the
PO Box 1263,
about your complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Consumer Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint
For further information, you should contact the Consumer Ombudsman on 0300 300 1620 or at www.consumer-ombudsman.org